Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm very excited, and a bit stressed because there is a lot happening right now on campus and specifically in the Office of Admission.

We've got our first Saint Michael's College Bloggers meeting coming up. At the end of the semester, I had about 9 or 10 students who were interested in doing it. I'm up to 12 now. Might be 13 or 14. I'm not sure how we'll handle all that, but if one of our students is excited to spread the word and share their experiences, I'm not going to turn them down.

One idea of mine is to have Saint Michael's Bloggers take on different media. I've already had someone express interest in doing a photo blog. I love www.boston.com/bigpicture. If we could do something like that, I'd be pumped. I also think it would be great to have students doing videos on YouTube. It's much more time consuming than blogging, but it's really cool if you can pull it off.

This year is going to be very much a let's see what we can do year. How many toys can we implement and it will be a very fluid year. If stuff isn't working, we'll drop it right off.

So I was walking to my car today after work (and I had plenty of time to think durring that walk now that school is in session and the employee parking lot fills quickly). Anwyay, I waas thinking about all this stuff ad my blogging and I can't help but wonder if it isn't time for me to step aside and let another staff member blog. I've certainly enjoyed it, and writing for me is an important exercise, but I am afraid that I'll get a bit stale here and keep writing about the same topics.

I think I'll throw it out there to the group and see what they think. I thin the chances are good I'll be coming to you on this same Bat-channel at this same Bat-time.

Peace,
Drew



----------------
Now playing: Foghat - Slow Ride (Single Version)
via FoxyTunes

0 comments: